Sunday, November 11, 2018

Back Again...Growing PAINS!


Wow, to think that I began this blog in the middle of my transition of moving to California, and to now BE in California doing what God placed on our hearts to do is awe-inspiring.

Any-who,

I want to talk to you a little about growing pains.

I remember in my junior high days, I had a growth spurt. I didn't have the chance to take my height, but boy did I feel it.

I would remember on certain weekends going from my mothers home to my aunts home along with my cousins and my siblings. As I sat in the back of their Honda Prelude, tears would be flowing down my eyes, due to the stinging, throbbing, and sharp pains I would  feel in my knees.

That experience is much like the growing that I have been doing lately.

As I have been growing over the past two years as a senior pastor, I have shed MANY tears. Publicly and privately due to the PAIN of growth.

Im not sure where you are in your life today concerning your relationship with God, attendance with a local church, or fellowship with other believers, but, I must say being a pastor is not for the faint of heart.

Ive had once close friends distance themselves, mentors walk away, unlikely people join the church, our family, had many triumphs, a lot of tragedies, a good size of misunderstandings, a lot of people on a Sunday, just a few people on a Sunday, people praise your name and in the same breath attempt to destroy you. Ive though plenty of times that maybe I wasn't cut out for this, feeling like a piece of me was broken, and it was, it was/is my heart. 

I love people with all of my heart, I believe that we are Gods' BEST creation. He made us intentionally, purposefully, and with a sense of mastery that is second to none. It pains me to see people go through so much, and so much is coming at you that you feel helpless at times.

 This is a hard place, leading people. 

But nonetheless, on the flip side, there is the fulfillment of knowing that you are in God's will, hoping, desiring, praying that His will be done in The Earth; sometimes in the very people's lives who all of a sudden don't like you.

Im not one to complain, or vent rather on SM, so please don't take it as such.

Im just saying, this responsibility is HUGE...Its a lot...and I must constantly remind myself that I am only an UNDER-shepherd of the CHIEF Shepard, Jesus. He will build it like He desires, My job is to stay faithful, love The Word, Spend time with God, Love the people, equip the people, and push the people into the destiny God has for them, and just...keep...GROWING!

Just a little raw piece of my heart.

TS

No comments:

Post a Comment