Monday, August 29, 2011

Failure is Not an OPTION....Its a Decision

You've Heard people say that "Failure is NOT an Option". Many people quote it in the wake of tremendous difficulty and struggle in efforts to maintain a high level of confidence that will sustain their optimism on a subject.

This is true HOWEVER, in life, I believe that Failure, much like success, is a definition that is totally left to an individual's interpretation. You see, I used to think that the definition of success and failure were universal. That everyone had the same mindset when it came to the attaining of a goal or the lack thereof. I figured that everyone thought like me, but I was soon to realize that I was sadly and ridiculously mistaken.

Success & Failure are tricky topics. Where one person sees success another sees failure. Its much like tomato/to-MAH-to, Potato/Po-TAH-to, its all in perspective. When I see success I interpret it as the attainment of an individuals heartfelt goal or dream. I interpret failure as the lack of achievement in that same goal. Here comes the trick...an individual can be a failure in Success and a Success in failure...Paradox I know...But we wont tread that deep..

The purpose of this blog today is to show you that your definition for success or failure...is your perspective on the matter, not anyone else's. I've learned that winners create the conditions in their mind to win. For Instance, when I was a kid, we would race in the neighborhood. Now this was before the gaming systems, and internet, and Facebook..so we actually PLAYED outside! Well it would be in one of these races that before we started, I would imagine that the neighborhood terrorist, a Rottweiler by the name of Tango, was behind me. "On your Mark, Get Set, GO" Everyone took off... but I would be in another mindset.."if I don't win, Tango will TEAR me UP!" So I would go on to either win or tie with another person. Case and Point...Its all in your mind on how you interpret a failure or success...Its Not an Option....Its a DECISION!

This is why I said that Failure is not an option, it's a decision. You decide to fail or succeed by your own interpretation. What I've heard someone say in the past few weeks is that they "dont experience failure, only levels of success." I thought that that was so profound because it gives room for both, the person who may be starting out in goal setting and the veteran to give themselves some room. Maybe you didn't hit that goal of losing the certain weight, or getting the promotion, or making a certain amount of money, but in the process as you prepared for it, you got a bit wiser, maybe a little stronger, maybe a little more disciplined, and as a result a little closer to your goal than before.

So I just write to encourage you, that if you've done ALL that you can do, if you've been intentional in your pursuit, focused, disciplined, and you've kept your inspiration at a peak..You My Friend..in MY BOOK have been successful...now its up to YOU to decide if you agree or not.

Have a GREAT DAY Folks....You said it..Keep RUNNING!
TS

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all your blogs Torrian; they are truly a blessing and have peaked me to do an assessment on some issues and challenges I am facing in my world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To God Be the Glory! I am THRILLED that it touches and encourages you! Thanks for your Support!!!

    ReplyDelete