Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My LIFE Changed..Just 10 hours ago...

I was sitting in my brother in law's room last night rocking my son to sleep and my mind shifted into going over the past few weeks that I've been here in NY. In my mind I rehearsed all of the things that I had failed to do and experience here in NY, and I began to get bothered because I couldn't believe that I had allowed so much time to pass by without doing certain things that I KNOW would've amplified my business, my livelihood, and the furtherance of my goals...

I went a little further and even began to reflect on the past 10 months of transition that I've been through in moving my entire family to California based off The Word that I received from God some time ago and how I spent SO MUCH time WORRYING about...."What will people think about me, What DO people think about me, How will we survive, How will I Pay the bills, How can God require me to do something SO unstable, What will I do, I'm not ready, I'm not pure enough, I Don't know Anyone out there" and things of that sort...that it stole SO MUCH TIME away from me getting in The Presence of God and seeking The Lord the way I COULD HAVE...

It was in the midst of this brewing storm of thoughts, regrets, negative emotions, and shortcomings that The Holy Spirit Interrupted me and said....

"Son, Quit letting what you didn't do stop you from doing what you CAN Do!"

This statement brought so much peace because, it gave me permission to accept that the past was the past, and it freed me to embrace the fact that ALL I have control over is what I do IN THIS MOMENT...

It reminds me of that passage in scripture when Jesus stood firm in the midst of a boat tossed around helplessly in the midst of Raging Waters of the sea and howling winds, and declared "PEACE BE STILL!" Mark 4:35-41..He Calmed the storm in my mind...

You see that is a tactic of the enemy..to keep us in bondage, always looking back..this is why he is "the accuser of the bretheren" (Rev 12:10)..Meaning that his chief joy is to REMIND you of the THINGS YOU DID and DIDN'T do..never what you WILL and CAN do..

SO it is with great conviction that I tell you today..Let GO of the PAST..Stop beating yourself up for what you didn't do..or what the state of your life has been...FOCUS on what you can do NOW..you STILL have time to drop to your knees and Ask God for Help, You STILL have time to do what is necessary to reach your goals, to turn your family, your finances, and your health around..ITS NOT OVER!!!

And you know the Great thing about ALL of this is that though I may have not done ALL that I should've or could've done in the past to get me to the place of destiny that God intended for me to be at..God says, JOEL 2:25-26 <- click to see the end of the message

2 comments:

  1. All I gotta say is I relate to EVERYTHING you wrote! Now I'm running after destiny! Let's go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I gotta say is I relate to EVERYTHING you wrote! Now I'm running after destiny! Let's go!

    ReplyDelete