Sunday, September 11, 2011

From Chameleon to CHAMPION...

I remember growing up and watching some people pull of some crazy things with their apparel. I mean you had KrisKross who wore their clothes Backwards, you had Da Brat who had like 700 Rubberbands in her head, there were people who weren't so famous that just did outlandish things and they received notoriety for it.

Me as a mediocre dresser and person who wasn't as courageous to stand out of the crowd, asked myself what was this "thing" that these people possessed that I didn't. I remember talking to two of my Best friends in THE WORLD, who had and currently have a OUTSTANDING Dressing reputation, Nova Scott (my boo), and Jimmy Odukoya a few years back and I asked them, what was the "Key" to dressing and they Simply Said "Confidence".

This really ministered to me in a weird way, because this is one thing that I had been lacking in my life. For some reason, I thought that I had this concept down packed. I thought that I had conquered this timidity that caged me in the fear and prohibited me in being the person I was created to be. As I looked over my life I noticed key areas that I could've been more confident, more convicted on who God called me to be. And at that point it went beyond clothes, shoes, and outward appearance, and landed right on the inward me that had not seen the light of day, because I was a Chameleon!!!

A Chameleon is one that adapts to whatever is around it. God created this animal with an amazing defense mechanism of changing its natural hue to blend in so that its predator cannot detect it. This is an AWESOME ability...for the Chameleon, but is TOO Dangerous for us made in God's Image. God didn't create us to blend in, He didn't create us to be TIMID, and SCALE back who we are. He didn't create us to just agree with the status quo, and the statistics, stereotypes, and standards set around us. He Created us to BE CONFIDENT!

SO My Journey out of this state of "Chameleon-dom" was one that caused me to get ridicule, misunderstanding, and backlash, because I was no longer swimming with the current, I was swimming AGAINST it, because THAT'S what He Called me to DO. I learned long ago by one of my Youth Ministers, that if I was going to be successful, I had to look at what everyone else was doing, and do the EXACT opposite! And I feel as though now is the time for us to do JUST that. WALK in CONFIDENCE and SWIM AGAINST the current in efforts to stand out as that WORLD CHANGING Agent of Change He put on the inside of you!

Now don't get me wrong, I am not initiating a REBELLION against God given authority, or leadership, but a REBUTTAL against the LIES and Condemnation that the Enemy has imprisoned you in!

So what Must YOU do in times of timidity, cowardace, or fear? Understand that YOU are NOT your surroundings, you come from a Divine Stock and DNA that OVERCAME every OPPOSING Force trying to SNUFF OUT His plan!

It’s going to take you standing against the odds, getting up early, and going to bed late. It’s going to take you working on YOU more than you work on your external trophies of business or ministry. It’s going to take you developing discipline to train yourself to say NO to the delicacies of this life and SAY YES to those Vegetables and Water. It’s going to take you TRULY Digging deep and forgiving the ones who hurt you, let you down, disappointed you, left you, abused you, mistreated you, ignored you, ostracized you, abandoned you, thought little of you, and tried to DESTROY YOU!

It’s tough people, BUT. ITS. WORTH. IT! REMEMBER that YOU are NOT your surroundings, you come from a Divine Stock and DNA that OVERCAME every OPPOSING Force trying to SNUFF OUT His plan and THAT DNA is IN YOU!

So as you go through today, no matter what you face…Make a Conscious and PHYSICAL effort to move from Chameleon to CHAMPION!

Keep Running!
TS



1 comment: