Thursday, November 7, 2013

Teamwork makes THE DREAM work!!!!

My mom used to always say,"You're not an island to yourself, if you need help ask"

It took me some time to realize that I didn't have to do everything by myself. Needless to say, I didn't do well in group projects because I felt if I did it by myself, I would have more control over the outcome.

But this thinking was extremely off because no ONE person has ALL the answers. No matter how educated or experienced we are...we need others to help us in the accomplishment of our goal.

No one accomplished anything great without a team of individuals who brought their expertise, their perspective, and their wisdom to the table. 

I would encourage you to start building a team of trusted resources around you who can offer you such things. 

You'll  need a team that can critique you, correct you, and help you create this wonderful dream you have inside of you. 

Ask them if they were you, how would they do it? I guarantee you will get a broader and a deeper perspective.

This is necessary because, at times, what we envision has to be tweaked to serve the masses with excellence. 

I cannot tell you how many times I have ventured out on a certain way of doing things and I've come up with the formula that will work best, until I run into someone with greater insight, understanding, and expertise than I have and I end up tweaking so that I can have greater results.

This is what your team is for. They are there to help you, and get you in the right path toward your goal!!

So in your attainment of you goal in these next few weeks of 2013, determine you will gather those with more wisdom, experience, and wisdom than you and build your TEAM to make YOUR DREAM WORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment