Monday, June 27, 2011

Left Alone...

I recall the days of my childhood when my mother and I would be on an errand run, and we'd hit Kroger, then the Nail Shop, then Grandmother's house and after it was all done and my day was full of excitement, that on that ride home, I would comfortably fall asleep in the back seat to the tranquilizing rumble of the car gliding over the grooves in the road...

It was in these times that I would be so far gone in dreamland, that I would miss the fact that we had arrived home and either my mom or my father had taken me out of the car, and placed me quietly in my bed. It wouldn't be until HOURS later that I would wake up in a dark room to the sound of nothing but distant voices of my mother or father downstairs visiting with friends...It wasn't until I got up out of bed and verified for myself that I wasn't left alone in the dark and that the voices that I was hearing were that of my father and mother. Which brought me comfort in knowing that though they weren't near...they were still THERE!

The same holds true today with our walk with Christ. Many times we walk through life and we've been active in so many things throughout the day and we fall asleep in exhaustion of all of the busyness of life and Its not until Darkness and Distance jolts us into the realization that the Presence of The One we loved is no longer ever present. That Communication has come to a halt because our awareness is not there anymore..there's a distance in our pursuit..

But there is yet a Still Small voice that compels us to come closer to verify.."I've never left you..I was just waiting for you to draw closer so that I could draw closer to you"

I'm not sure what state you've fallen asleep in, but as I asked God what to write to you today..this is what He gave me...

"Though I may seem distant, though my Presence may not seemingly be as tangible as it was before, though the place you laid down is not the same place you woke up..You're NEVER alone! Im just a simple 'I need You Lord' away...and you'll find that when you require of Me as a Vital Necessity...that I was never gone in the first place..."

"SO whats the moral of the blog Torrian"..

It is this..Unlike my parents in this story...God NEVER leaves us...He's actually closer to you than you know, but it takes you waking up, and pursuing Him, to realize..He NEVER left you Alone...

Matt 28:20
Heb 13:5 (AMP)
Psalm 139

No comments:

Post a Comment