Thursday, June 30, 2011

Trust That He Knows What He's Doing

As I was doing my devotions today, I began to read John 6 and in this chapter you see an array of things. I almost feel like going verse by verse, occurrence by occurrence and sharing ALL that He was giving me, but I wont because it would be a BOOK literally. But as I began to pray about what to write today, I simply heard
"Trust That God knows what He's doing"

I can recall a number of times where I needed to get something done, or some bill was due, or some healing needed to take place, and I checked my spiritual bank account and it was TREMENDOUSLY overdrawn...I had no faith, I had no plan, I had no way of getting out of the hole that I was in. But today as I doing my devotions I came across this story John 6:1-15 of how Jesus fed the multitudes.

Now there is a great temptation to just read this story and say "oh that was cool" without really grasping the lesson The Holy Spirit is trying to teach us. If you read the story you'll find that:

1. Jesus had been performing miraculous healings that were attracting the multitudes.
2. He Saw the crowd coming to look for Him as He and his disciples climbed a hill to sit.
3. Jesus asks Philip, "Where can we buy bread to feed all these people" He did this to test PHILIP (not the other disciples..well get to this later)for "HE ALREADY KNEW WHAT HE WAS GOING TO DO"
4. Philip says "If we Work for MONTHS we wouldn't have enough money to feed them.."
5. SO Andrew sees that a boy has 5 loaves and 2 fish and says "But what is that to such a Huge crowd?"

Ok..So There are SOO Many Nuggets that you can take from just those 5 points that I listed, but Here's the gist of the entire story... There was a DILEMMA and it is this...

THEIR PROBLEM SUPERSEDED THEIR RESOURCES


But the awesome thing is that Jesus asks Philip a Question. Now, in my head I was like..."Why did He ask Philip specifically and not the others, and why did the scripture point out that He was testing Philip exclusively?" The Holy Spirit said to me "It is because He represents the person who can only see the PROBLEM and not a SOLUTION!" Philip represents a person, who though in the company of a Jesus who has JUST HEALED, DELIVERED, and performed wondrous things in His sight, STILL thought that He had to do it ALL by himself...He Counted God out!!

And that is like MOST of us..We've see what God can And WILL do but We look out our situation that were facing in our marriage, we look at the negative balances in our bank accounts, we see the doctor's report, we look at the empty seats in our churches, we see the rebellion in our children, we see the temptations and old habits beginning to arise again, we SEE The BIG PROBLEM...But we Fail to recognize The SOLUTION Which is Jesus...

So Andrew speaks up and realizes something and FAILS at something within the same breath..He recognized an avenue to meet the need but He LACKED IN FAITH!!! "What are these loaves and couple fish to SO MANY PEOPLE?"

Its almost as if he says.."Jesus I believe you can do the healing thing, but THIS situation is different..THIS Problem that I'm facing is beyond what I've SEEN you do..No one in my FAMILY has EVER Experienced this type of breakthrough that I need RIGHT NOW..."

So, Jesus recognizes the little faith that Andrew has and they feed the multitude..There's SOOO MUCH more, but for time and length sake..I leave you with this..

Before Jesus saw the problem..He ALREADY KNEW What He was Going to do...The lesson that we take from all of this is that, God sees the MULTITUDE of things that are coming to LOOK for us and the ones that are present in our lives...

Listen..ALL GOD requires is that we Believe HIM...Nothing is TOO Hard for Him...Dont count Him out..He KNOWS what He's going to do and what He's doing...No Need to TRY TO MAKE it Happen..Identify an avenue that God can use..Just Trust Him, Obey Him, and WATCH Him multiply the little in your hands to provide the BREAKTHROUGH TODAY!!!

**ok..last thing and I'm gonna close (lol) notice that Jesus didn't put off the breakthrough till next week, a month from now, a year from now..once there was an seed identified..there was a HARVEST that was Multiplied in THE SAME DAY!!!

I Know this one was a little longer than the others..so hopefully you endured till the end!

Yall be Blessed
~T.Scott

Matthew 19:26

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this Torrian. I needed it. Keep going, bro, and stay strong, man! -Dex

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was refreshing to read! If you only knew, LOL. Thank you Jesus!!

    ReplyDelete