Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Process

So I trust that you read yesterday's blog detailing The Hardest Thing I've ever done.

We all understand Process. If you've ever baked a cake, put together a bike, or an office chair, you understand that there is a process from getting it from the raw material state to the finished project. What is so amazing is that EVERYTHING we know and see today has to have gone through some type of process to be all that it was created to be.

Funny thing about baking that cake or putting that chair together is that there are specific instructions that you have to follow in order to avoid a breakdown, or a flat cake.

The same is true with my process. I thought that when I accepted the call to go to Cali that the plane ticket would just appear, our home would miraculously sell, money for our journey would blow in, and that it would be such a SMOOTH, SEAMLESS, STRESSLESS Experience. But little did I know that it would take even more Faith and prayer than I had EVER exercised in my ENTIRE life! I had no clue there would be a PROCESS between who I was and had been and who God was REQUIRING me to be before He released me to the place He had called me so strongly...

I wish I could detail EVERY occurrence, but I wont..(That'll probably be in the actual book.) I will say that it was a True Process in which God peeled me like an onion..Layer by layer..and uncovered places of my heart that weren't totally submitted to Him. I can remember not even knowing who I was because I put my identity in everything that I had built around me. And when the title was gone, and the home was up for sale, and the only phone calls that I received were from Bill collectors, and the struggles that I faced began closing in on me..There was NOTHING left... I was at a place like Jacob right before He wrestled with The Angel..Left Alone with all of my failures, my misconceptions, my wrong perspective, my wrong view of God, and ALL of the Things that I suppressed for YEARS all for the sake of being "Minister Torrian" and Torrian the Business man...and the "He's such a nice young man" Torrian that everyone grew to love...I was left looking at Torrian TaShaun Scott...

My Process had NOTHING to do with Other people..It had EVERYTHING to do with ME and ME only...I had issues that needed to be dealt with (fear, low self esteem, low self worth, wrong focus, people pleasing, etc) before God would allow me to walk into the place He called me to. When I finally understood where I was..I accepted the process, submitted myself to the process, and let GOD PROCESS ME and as a result my family and I entered into California on July 11, 2011 @ 10:38am!!!! Almost a YEAR later..But it WAS ALL WORTH IT!!!! I cannot even Go into all of the WONDERFUL things God has done since we've been here..Everything has happened RIGHT on Time...It was designed for US Especially!

When God calls you, you WILL Go through a process. Some more strenuous than others, some longer than others, but its not about other's process..Its about YOURS and YOU becoming the person God has called YOU to be!

Ill allude it to this: Lets Say you and your friends decide to go to IHOP for some breakfast. When you arrive, there are various types of people in that place: There are people who are sitting down who haven't ordered, there are people at the counter paying, there are people who are eating, and then there is YOU. Do you get upset at the people who are paying at the counter..No..Do you start looking at the people who are about to order..not really...You are ONLY focused on where you are in the process...no one else!

Same is true with This process that God is calling you to develop through. It cant be about who will accept you, who will like you, or even who will be there at the end of the process..Don't focus on that... Focus on the GREATNESS that God has Invested in You and is Making a DEMAND on!

One thing that Ive found out is that as God is Preparing YOU for the Place...He's Preparing The PLACE for YOU!


I hope you enjoyed this snippet of my process of Running After Destiny...I may release more...So Stay Tuned!

Check out today's Scriptures: (Just Click)

Philippians 1:6
Isaiah 55:11
I Corinthians 2:9

3 comments:

  1. I'm going through a transition where I have to totally trust God. Your stories are so encouraging. Thank you for sharing. May God continue to bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I MUST tell you...it is IN FACT a TRUST Journey. Spend your time IN HIS FACE..That is where you'll find COMPLETE Peace and ALL Provision! Contact me on FB through inbox if you would like to talk further.

    ReplyDelete