Friday, August 12, 2011

You ALREADY Have What You're Looking For .....

Sometimes some of the most AVERAGE occurrences and experiences in life can teach us MAJOR lessons.

Back in my ORU Days, my friends and I would play a game called "Take it to The Cross". This Game was a COMPLETELY Random game that ANY of us could start at ANY Given moment. It's purpose was to see how creative we could be in tying EXTREMELY Random things back to The Cross of Calvary( I Know a REAL Preacher's Game....lol). It would be in these random moments of us hanging out in IHOP that someone would pick up a straw wrapper and say, "Hey, Take it to the cross!" And another would proceed in explaining how Jesus was the ULTIMATE Straw and the wrapper represented the earthly garments that Jesus put on in his descent from Heaven to Earth and How he had to ultimately lay it down so that He Could Draw ALL Men to Him (Cant get the contents out of the cup unless you first take off the wrapper)...So Little "smart" things like that helped us in sharpening our "Parable Skills" LOL...Good Times...

Something happened yesterday that reminded me of this game. So, I want to play this Game with you, but I wont take it to The Cross. It'll just be one of those things that get you thinking...You ready? Here we Go....

About a couple of weeks back Nova, TJ, our friend and I were at Panera Bread after church to grab some lunch. We were ALL CRAVING that Beautifully delicious Frontega Chicken Sandwich that MELTS in your mouth with every bite! It was like we could TASTE it ALL through Service. So we run inside and place our orders to go and we wait on it. We jumped in the Truck and about to SPEED back home so we could sink our teeth into the sandwich and satisfy this craving of ours!

Well, When everyone is settled in I put the key in the truck and turn the key...but something happened...The Truck wouldn't start...Immediately my mind went to the fact that my food was going to get cold and I didn't want to eat a microwaved Pannini! So I tried again...It didn't even CRANK! So my friend tells us, "Oh this happened a couple months back and I had to get a jump". In My head Im like "Okay Cool" So I ask.."Where are the cables" and she tells me one of the most Horrifying things that I have EVER Heard..."I took them out"...{o_O}

I Screamed in my head as I imagined my Fresh,Hot, Frontega Chicken growing Ice Sickles because it was Going to Be COLD by the time I ate it...We spent about 30 minutes asking random people for jumper cables and NO ONE had them. We even walked to a nearby AAA to ask for a jump and they couldn't help us! {WHAT ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!} We asked for another 10 Minutes until I finally decided to try and start the car again...and IT STARTED! {YES!} So off we Go!!! Back to House where Can FINALLY eat my Frontega CHicken....But this is not the end of the story...

You See...YESTERDAY as I was putting our luggage in the back of my SAME Friend's vehicle...I had to move some things around and as I was organizing, I opened up one of her side compartments and low and BEHOLD....JUMPER CABLES...Nicely Wrapped in their Case...UNTOUCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I was like WOW...I Ate a COLD Frontega and What I needed was RIGHT IN MY PRESENCE....But I Was So BLINDED by my desire to EAT, That I didn't think to check the trunk...

The lesson That I learned is simple and I hope that you caught it too...Many times we are so focused on a goal, a dream, a hope, a desire, that we overlook the ONE thing that will help in the fulfillment of that Desire...We go around Asking people, even go to places where they are SUPPOSED to help you, but we never realize that ALL The while...The Answer was WITH you... You may have to search a little bit, it might be covered by debris, and you may not find it immediately...BUT ITS THERE...it may be a Spark of Faith, Hope, Love, Trust, Forgiveness, discipline, giving of yourself, being honest with yourself, or submitting to a mentor..But that ONE thing you need is probably different from what I need....only YOU know what you are lacking...

So take the time today and EXAMINE your heart, Search it out to see what that ONE thing is so that you can get your JUMP and Get on to your destiny...

Until Monday Folks....KEEP RUNNING!
TS

Lamentations 3:40
1 Corinthians 11:31
2 Corinthians 13:5 (THIS IS A GOOD ONE!)

2 comments:

  1. I love how creative your posts always are. And they always "make the point". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to take 60 minutes and praise God! oMG this was sooo on it.

    ReplyDelete