Thursday, August 11, 2011

Get an ARIEL View

IN The Next few hours I will be boarding a plane to Houston, TX for my Dad's Funeral. THOUSANDS of things go through my head as I sit here on this living room floor, with my back leaning against the wall and my bags packed just a few feet from me to go do probably one of the hardest things that I've EVER Had to do in LIFE: Eulogize His Funeral...

While it is difficult, it is at the same time an honor to be able to stand and bring words of comfort to my family and friends at such a sensitive time in ALL of our lives. The sudden loss of a loved one can be taxing as you go through both good times and bad in your head, and because its so unexpected you cannot help but to get the feelings of "I wish I would've spent more time, or reached out, or returned that call..."

ALL of us face turmoil, trouble, turbulence, and trials in our lives. Regardless of our background, our creed or color, one thing that is COMMON to the human experience is difficulty. If we look at the current situation of The GLOBE; Debt Crisis, Gas Prices, Unemployment, UNDEREmployment, Crime increase, foreclosures, repossessions, divorces, Wars, riots, terrorism, hunger, slavery, human trafficking, Drugs....All of these DIFFICULTIES are common to our world that we live in, and NO ONE is exempt....But through all of that I can only tell you one thing that has helped me overcome the tragedies of life...That one thing is "Perspective"

The perspective of an individual is ABSOLUTELY Key in all facets of life. You can have two different people in the SAME situation and have a TOTALLY Different outcome! It reminds me of the formula that was shared with me by Jack Canfield in the book, The Success Principles. Jack said that if we, when faced with difficulty, could change our reaction to a certain event, we would have different outcome. His Formula is simply This:
E(Event) + R(Reaction) = O(Outcome)
And this is so True! The outcomes of a bad situation can be TOTALLY controlled by our reaction to the event, but your reaction is COMPLETELY Predicated upon your PERSPECTIVE.

SO there are MANY Perspectives, but for time sake and length sake Ill put them into 3 Categories: The Chicken, The Goose, and The Eagle.

The Chicken:
A Chickens perspective is linear focused, they have their eyes on only what is in front of them, they have limited mobility, and are always the victim ((Ask Colonel Sanders))! Same is true in real life. When Faced with a difficulty like loosing your job, or a lifestyle status, do you mope and complain about it? Are you immediately stressed, Start worrying, and having your own pity party but masking it by texting everyone asking for prayer because "I don't know how I'm gonna make it..." If so...you Might have a chicken perspective...

The Goose:
The goose is opulent, graceful, and can fly at a certain level. They have a broader eyesight that is only contingent on their ability to raise themselves out of trouble to a higher altitude, but the problem is, is that they cant stay there..They eventually have to come down due to their webbed feet. Now, people with a Goose perspective can go through difficulty, and can actually LOOK like it's not phasing them, externally they are generally positive, but INWARDLY they are full of worry and anxiety because they KNOW "SOONER or Later...I Have to come down and deal with this issue.." These are the type that are Public Successes but Private Failures...

The Eagle's Perspective:
The Most Elegant, Strong, Agile, Wise, and Bold of the three is the Eagle. We ALL Know that the eagle is used in symbolizing excellence, achievement, and victory. The Eagle has the capacity to see further than a chicken, raise himself HIGHER than the Goose, But He is able to STAY there because He has been equipped innately with the tools he needed to succeed! His eyes see miles away, He not only flies... but LIVES altitudes HIGHER than Most birds. In any given situation the Eagle assess it against his strength, agility, and wing span with great confidence that He can RIDE ABOVE IT. Ones with the Eagle's perspective is a person who says "I Understand there was a recession, I understand that He/She has walked out on me, I understand that my health may have faded, I Understand that I may have lost the respect that I once had, but I KNOW That 'Greater is HE that is in ME, Than HE that is in the World'". You See, the eagle has an Ariel perspective that is envied by all other species...because with the same eyes that he sees adversity...He Sees VICTORY in the same frame!

YOU ARE AN EAGLE...SEE Like ONE, FLY LIKE ONE, and LIVE LIKE ONE....


Keep Running!
TS

I John 4:4
Ephesians 2:4-7
Luke 10:19

2 comments:

  1. Torrian, I didn't realize that you had suffered such a recent and sudden loss. My sincerest condolences. You are right on with your thoughts. As Wayne Dyer put it, "It's not what you look at, It's what you see." God bless you brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot COACH!!!I appreciate the Quote! Kiss that New born of yours for us!

    ReplyDelete