Tuesday, August 9, 2011

THIS BIRD WAS CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Can remember a time where my family went to San Antonio for a family vacation back in the day. I used to love these times of fun in the sun as we embarked on visits to The Alamo, The Riverwalk, and Sea World. It was the HIGHLIGHT of my summer ((That and Watching The Sandlot 5MILLION Times.."FOR EV ER...FOR EV ER..lol)). My brother and sister would be as eager as I was to see Shamu jump up out of the water and splash the salty water all over us in the front row. ((This became disgusting over the nexty few years of my life when I realized that Shamu didn't GET OUT of the water to use the restroom...So Yea...Salt water wasn't cool anymore, needless to say)).

It was on one of these day trips that my family and I were getting ready to go somewhere, that we decided to go to Ihop or Dennys ((Cant remember which one)) for Breakfast. My Siblings and I were excited for a few reasons #1. We were going somewhere fun ((Alamo, Wax Museum, or Ripley's Believe it or Not)) #2. WE WERE EATING OUT!!! So we pull up to the restaurant and we're already behind schedule...So my mom, siblings, and I jump out to go ahead and get the table while my dad parks the car...

So while we're on our way to the front door..We notice the unusually Loud Chirp and scream from a Bird overhead...So we're looking around and notice that there is a FEROCIOUS, MOUTH FOAMING, Mocking Bird that begins swooping down toward us with missele-like speed...I Can See His Laser Focused RED GLEAMING EYES looking directly at me...I look in Fright as I make a BREAK like Usain BOLT toward the door of the restaurant. It seemed like I had run a MILE to catch the door, all the while this Pterodactyl-Bred Mocking Bird is Swooping down on my head trying to peck my brains out!

So I finally reach the door...I'm inside "Whew!" I try to catch my breath as I look out to see this MONSTROSITY of a BIRD Doing the same to some other people...So in my head..Im like "What is wrong with this Psychotically-Rabid Mocking Bird?" Im looking around and I notice when it's not trying to decapitate someone...it is flying over beside a fallen bird friend of his, and it registered to me.."Oh Wow...This Razor Toothed Bird is PROTECTING His Friend"...And get This...The OTHER Bird WASN'T EVEN A MOCKING BIRD!

I told you this story because I wanted to drive home the point that there may be some person out there that may not be your favorite "type of person" that may have fallen from grace, they may be hurt, they may be on the sidelines of life looking at your Run After Destiny and are HOPING, WISHING, and PRAYING that someone would take the time to tend to their wounds. And I have to tell you...These people DON'T LOOK LIKE YOU, THEY DON'T DRESS LIKE YOU or SMELL Like YOU, THEY DON'T LIVE WHERE YOU LIVE, THEY Might have Tattoos on Their Face, They Might have rings in their nose, eyebrow, or lip. These people may have a tight skirt on or Sagging down to their ANKLES. They MAY be of a DIFFERENT COLOR or ETHNIC Background...

While it would be So Easy for that Bird to say "Dude..you should've known better than that...Why didn't you use your wings" He/She didn't take that attitude...He/She said "In efforts to not have you hurt ANY Further...I May not be able to heal your wounds personally...But I can PROTECT YOU until we're able to get you to a place of STRENGTH!"

THAT, My friend is what I call Intercession...Standing in the GAP for someone until THEY ARE STRONG ENOUGH to handle it on their own again! I know we generally use the word intercession as a word for FIERY prayer...But I want to take it a little bit further...Intercession is YOU PHYSICALLY Standing in the GAP Between a person's Weakness and The STRENGTH of GOD whether that be spiritually or physically...When was the LAST time you stood in the GAP for a person who was wounded? Not Just in your prayer closet but out in PUBLIC..When Someone's behavior, ministry, character, integrity, family, job, health,etc is being slandered in your hearing that you SPEAK UP and DEFEND the Fact that THAT person is a soul that Jesus Died for TOO!!! REGARDLESS of their Mess up...Regardless of their mistakes...Regardless of What Their FALL is..REGARDLESS OF HOW THEY LOOK!

So, I never got to see what happened to that hurt bird that was on the ground...But I do know the other Mocking Bird did His/her part in PROTECTING the Healing process of another with SINCERE FIERY PASSION that got the attention of a young man and taught me a lesson in STANDING UP for those who are wounded, hurting, and cannot Stand on their own!

We have to get back to honoring ALL Men friends...and in turn...Honor will be reciprocated back to us!

So today..as you go through your day...Ask God how you can HONOR HIM through interceeding for and honoring someone else in desperate need!

Check out these stories on Honoring Those who have fallen:

1 Peter 2:7
Woman Caught in Adultery
Paul Struck Blind
The CLASSIC: The Good Samaritan

No comments:

Post a Comment