Monday, July 25, 2011

DON'T LOSE HEART!

Im not sure how long you've been running, but I wanted to tell you today..

DON'T LOSE HEART!


I recently started running...Im about 2 weeks in and I have to say that this is probably the most fulfilling thing that I've done concerning my health. I've found that it really de-stresses my body and it clears my head. Im able to think clearer, ideas flow VERY smoothly, and I feel like a Million BUCKS after Ive finished!

But many times in the MIDDLE of the run..My mind shifts to the strain of the journey, the time Ive been on a specific level, or the fact that I drank too much water and now a cramp is starting to tighten up my right side. Its in those moments that I have to make a choice.."to keep running, or to stop".

In my mind these two decisions compete for my obedience and sometimes I have to weigh the options:
"If I keep running, I'll get to have more confidence in my ability to overcome obstacles" and "If I stop..I'll have the gnawing lump of anxiety in knowing that I stopped short of my true ability because of a little discomfort!"
SO in these times I have to be strong enough to NOT LOSE HEART!

Not Losing heart deals with keeping the desired end result, the feelings of actually "GETTING THERE", and the great sense of accomplishment in focus as you stare giants in the face as they try fervently to intimidate you.
When you Lose heart, you succumb to your enemy's insatiable desire for your victory! He wants YOUR Victory...Because you're victory is directly linked to someone else's liberty!

Many times in our race there are difficulties we face, body racking obstacles, and disappointments that we have encountered. Your willingness and your desire to move forward through it is CRITICAL if you're going to make it through to the end!

We all begin our race with high expectation, with a laser focus, and a desire to win, but many times when we face difficulties it gets pretty hard to stay focused on why you began running in the first place!

Im not sure of what you're running after today...It may be your life's purpose, a new job, better business opportunities, health in your body, a reconciliation of a broken relationship, a better spiritual life..But I do know ONE thing..The race of our lives are not for those who sprint right through..This is an endurance race...and those who continue to the end..WIN!

SO Keep running...Get your second wind...put your mind on the goal..and DONT LOSE HEART!!!

Love you!

Philippians 3:14
2 Timothy 4:7
Hebrews 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment