Monday, July 18, 2011

The HARDEST Thing I've EVER Done

I've heard The Voice of God very strongly in my life on only a few occasions. When I was obedient in those times, my life was NEVER the same afterwards. The very FIRST time I heard His voice so strongly was when I was called to go to ORU, The Second was when He told me to join Greenwood Christian Center as a Student in college, The Next was when He told me to go back home to Houston after Graduation, and the latest time was almost one year ago...

In the Fall of 2009, I was sitting in my office and I was minding my own business when The still small voice of The Holy Spirit said to me
"You have about a year left on staff."
In my mind I battled because I had no plans of leaving my current position. I was stable, I was comfortable, and by ALL Means we had JUST bought a House and found out that we had a bun in the oven! SO my thoughts were.."Well am I gonna die or something?", because honestly outside of business I had no other provision for finances for my family if I was to do this. I mean the business was successful in the fact that we replaced my wife's salary and were able to live comfortably but we were a few months into our year contract..and it was slated to end pretty soon...

I recognize the voice of The Holy Spirit and so without really understanding all the details, I began to organize myself and the systems in which I did things around the office, how I coordinated and administrated events, and so on and so forth. So that whoever came behind me would have little to no problem, looking into my files and understanding what I did, why I did it, and How I did it. About 10 months later, I was in my quiet time with God and after some time, The Holy Spirit speaks to me again and reminds me..
"You have a couple more months..."
I knew what He was speaking about and I began to pray about the next steps we were to take.

As My wife and I sought the Face of God and His instructions for our lives..California continued to come up and stay in our hearts. Now, lets get ONE THING STRAIGHT..I wasn't Feelin California because so vividly do I remember the Movie 2012 and Deep Impact and all of these END OF THE WORLD movies and how coastal states and cities go wiped out FIRST..and lets not mention the EARTHQUAKES...I have a vivid imagination so I pictured people just riding around Cali freeways and having to steer around SINK HOLES and Cracks in the Earth that were MILES Deep.. (Yea I know..over the top).. SO I wasn't a fan of this place AT ALL!!! SO As I went to God to pray about it all..I Heard NOTHING at first...

A few weeks later I was doing some work and in the middle of me not even thinking about anything I Heard SO VIVIDLY.. "I'M GIVING YOU UNTIL SEPTEMBER" So..Now my heart is racing because now..its close to the end of July and I STILL Have no clue as to what im supposed to do, where I'm supposed to Go..and HOW all of this would come about...SO I called a fast to get more clarity on what God was Truly telling us to do...

THE DAY IT HAPPENED


on July 27, 2010 I went into prayer to seek the face and instructions from God concerning all of these things that kept me wondering what is going on...And sure enough as I pressed into the Presence of God, I began to weep as God His Presence was so Tangible and He laid out some very specific instrcutions concerning Me, My family, and California...Ive been taught that ANY Word from God should and could be validated by the written Word of God..So I had my Bible and I required that He give me confirmations in His Word...SO He answered and gave me 3...

The First was Romans 12:1-2 ( I didnt understand the FULLness of this one until the writing of this blog today...that's another topic..) But I understood that God was leading me into His Perfect will of my life and family. Matthew 19:29 was #2 and Lastly..I Knew the whole Abraham story so I wasnt really trying to hear that but God took me to Hebrews 11:1. I remember so vividly how I was almost aprehensive to turn to the scripture because I KNEW this verse..I had Grown UP on This Verse..I knew I Had to walk in Faith BUT HOW...With This GARGANTUAN of an instruction from The Lord HOW WAS I GOING to do this????..

In my Head I was reminding GOd.."UHM COST OF LIVING IS CRAZY OUT THERE!!!" He told me to read it..SO I read verse 1..Okay i understand that..I kept reading and I came down to verse 8 and my heart almost Stopped when I read the Amplified version of Hebrews 11:8. It said
[Urged on] by faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed and went forth to a place which he was destined to receive as an inheritance; and he went, although he did not know or trouble his mind about where he was to go.
SO with tearful acceptance... I accepted the call and began making preparations to move my family and I to The West Coast...

These instructions totally went against EVERYTHING I had Planned for my life and family. Though these instructions didn't make sense I KNEW that It was a Call from The Lord and That He was serious about what He was telling me to do.

So against the popular opinion of my finances, the economy, and my current situation. We resigned from our positions and gave a months notice (which would've been September) and endeavored to follow the Call of The Lord. Little did we know that there was a PROCESS that we had to go through in the accomplishment of This commandment...and that we would begin our journey in Running After Destiny....

Part II: The PROCESS will be up tomorrow...

Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment